Tuesday, November 20, 2007

What Dreams May Come - Oh Baby!

Okay last night I had this dream and it freaked me out. Last time I had this dream, it had adverse consequences that I wasn't happy with. Normally I pay no mind to bad dreams, as I believe that they are just our fears playing in our subconscious. Mostly dreams will only be an affect of the events that took place during the day. What you eat, what you watch, what you read and certain events can determine your dreams you have that very evening. When trying to analyze my dreams, I always take this into consideration. However, this one was different.

The dream:
I dreamt that I had a feeling I was pregnant. I had missed my monthly flow and it was a bad feeling. I went to the corner store and bought 15 different home pregnancy tests. These were no ordinary pregnancy tests. Instead of the usual way of testing by urine, you had to spit on the stick. All of them came up positive. All the happy faces, (+) signs, (=) lines and blue for "yes" appeared. I freaked out and ran back to the corner store and bought another 20. For some reason I didn't believe I could be pregnant. There had to be some mistake. Again, they all came up positive. After that, I sat on the edge of my bed and cried with my face in my hands. That is when I woke up.

My initial analysis:
OH MY GOD I'M PREGNANT, FUCK!!!! I only say this because last time I had a dream like this, 4-5 more dreams followed that. It was my body telling me that I was pregnant. So to have this dream again only freaks me out. It's a long story how this all played out in the past, but it's something that I don't want to go through until I'm ready to have a baby. Now is definitely not the time.

What the dream people say:
To dream that you are taking a pregnancy test, may be a metaphor for a new phase you are entering in your life (a new job, relationship, etc.) You may feel that you are being put to the test as to whether you are prepared or ready for these changes. Alternatively, this dream may be literal in meaning and address your anxieties/fears of getting pregnant. To dream that you are pregnant (because I found out and cried remember?), symbolizes an aspect of your life or some aspect of your personal life that is growing and developing. You may not be ready to talk about it or act on it. This may also represent the birth of a new idea, direction, project or goal.

My conclusion:
OH THANK YOU GOD!!!! Because it if it said, "You might be pregnant, go get a test done", I'd would leave work in the middle of the day and sit in the O.B.G.Y.N. office until I found out the results. I see how this all makes sense to me. And this 2nd analysis from the dream people really does apply to me. This stuff makes me nervous....But I'm thinking I need to pay a visit just in case. You best believe that I will be monitoring the end of the month VERY carefully.

0 comments: